What is Estuary?
I created Estuary as a test project. I wanted something with similar
750 Words but with
more customizability for me personally. And that's what this app is: a
testing ground for increased functionality and more features using
NodeJS and MongoDB
What can Estuary do so far?
Well, you can do the following:
- Register and create a user
- Log in and log out of your account
- Create free writes or notes that save to the database
Take notes during your free write by hitting
enter beginning the new line with
#n or #N and then hitting
- email a list of your notes to yourself at the push of a button
set the option to receive email updates of your notes every day at
What's under the hood?
Here's what running Estuary behind the scenes:
- EJS templates (no fancy Front-End framework yet)
- BootStrap and some custom CSS
- Express for the routing
- NodeJS for the server-side logic
- MongoDB and Mongoose for Database and ORM, respectively
- Heroku and GitHub for deployment
Have any ideas for improvements?
Here's the source code:
https://github.com/cpustejovsky/estuary. Feel free to leave a comment or even make a pull request if you're so