What is Estuary?
Thanksgiving weekend 2019, I started reading
Getting Things Done by David Allen.
During my plane rides, I had the idea to turn my note taking app, Estuary, into an app that could facilitate the GTD process.
That would have the dual benefit of cementing these practices for me and also building a robust app that I can proudly show off in my portfolio.
What can Estuary do so far?
Well, you can do the following:
- Register and create a user
- Log in and log out of your account
- Create free writes or notes that save to the database
Take notes during your free write by hitting
enter beginning the new line with
#n or #N and then hitting
- email a list of your notes to yourself at the push of a button
set the option to receive email updates of your notes every day at
What's under the hood?
Here's what running Estuary behind the scenes:
- EJS templates (no fancy Front-End framework yet)
- BootStrap and some custom CSS
- Express for the routing
- NodeJS for the server-side logic
- MongoDB and Mongoose for Database and ORM, respectively
- Heroku and GitHub for deployment
Have any ideas for improvements?
Here's the source code:
https://github.com/cpustejovsky/estuary. Feel free to leave a comment or even make a pull request if you're so